Cathedral School for Boys Alumni Mentoring Program
The Alumni Mentor Program pairs an alumnus with a mentor – another alumnus or other CSB community member. Mentors provide alumni with career guidance, academic advice, and wisdom gained from their personal and professional experiences. In addition, the Mentor Program gives alumni the opportunity to build personal relationships and expand their professional network.
Contact the Alumni Office to sign up! Alumni@cathedralschool.net
The Mentor Program works for alumni at each step of their journey beyond CSB.
- Young alumni can share high school experiences and help entering freshman transition to their new school.
- High school students can ask questions about the transition to a college.
- College students can ask questions about navigating the college experience and can gain insight into the post-college professional world.
- Young professionals can gain an understanding of organizations, career options, trends, and professional networking. They will also gain a realistic perspective on the professional world.
- Established alums will find the mentor program rewarding and a positive way to give back.
- All participants will develop their networking skills and gain a more personal and active reconnection with the CSB community.
The goals of this program are:
- To offer an opportunity for professional development, networking and an exchange of ideas between experienced professionals and the next generation of leaders.
- To offer an opportunity for alumni to face their next educational experience with support, knowledge and insight into the new community they are joining.
- To offer an opportunity for CSB alumni to reconnect with the School and share ideas with fellow alumni in a one-to-one mentoring relationship.
How the program works:
- The mentee is provided with information about the mentor and is responsible for making the initial contact.
- The pair chooses how to interact (email, phone, face to face, etc.) and what to discuss.
We hope you will join us in this first year program. It is not a large investment of time but will be an invaluable resource for CSB alumni. Those of you living outside of the Bay Area can participate by e-mail and/or connect with alumni closer to you.