Job Title: Communications Manager
Reports To: Director of Development/Head of School
Status: Full-Time (40 hours per week)
Start Date: July 1, 2013
The Communications Manager is the facilitator for communications at Cathedral School for Boys. Using skills in marketing, public relations and writing in both print and online media, the Communications Manager serves in an internal capacity working with all departments in the school as well as in an external capacity by communicating with the Board of Trustees and creatively seeking ways to publicize and celebrate school programs and achievements to our community. Responsibilities for this position include compiling as well as editing information as appropriate, ensuring accuracy, consistency of message and uniformity in appearance.
- Oversee all aspects of production of CSB’s bi-annual Red & Gold print publications
- Oversee the school’s digital communications strategy for internal audiences, producing and sending weekly parent e-newsletter and working with the Alumni Coordinator to produce quarterly alumni e-newsletter
- Serve as primary content director of the school’s website, ensuring regular updates to current news and events
- Maintain, update and expand social media initiatives, advising to current trends and best practices
- Maintains master calendars for all school events and internal planning
- Serves as main communication liaison to Head of School, coordinating messaging from Head of School to various constituencies, calendaring and monthly meetings with new families
- Serve as main communications liaison to CSB’s Board of Trustees, responsible for compiling information for the Board and working with Board Secretary to produce minutes from monthly meetings
- Responsible for summer mailing to parents, faculty/staff and board members which includes the printed handbook and roster
- Manage photography database for the school and arrange photo coverage of various key events throughout the year
- Work with admissions to ensure that all admissions materials are consistent in promoting the school to prospective families. Prepares information packets for new families and re-enrollment packets for current families.
- Create communications calendar to ensure strategic and organized system to control communication flow from the school across all community constituents
- Work with Administrative Team to create crisis management communications plan
- Responsible for production of CSB school stationery, business cards, invitations and other projects
- Other duties include general administrative support at the front desk as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Five years experience in marketing/communications, media or education
- Proven strong writing and editorial skills
- Knowledge and experience with desktop publishing software
- Photography skills
- Website content management
- Web savvy and current social media knowledge
- Strong interpersonal skills and customer service focus and ability to handle sensitive and confidential situations with discretion, tact and diplomacy
- Strong attention to detail, proactive in nature, ability to prioritize, and flexibility in managing multiple deadlines
- Must be independent but strong team player willing to take on additional responsibility as necessary
Due to the nature of CSB’s physical space, this position has the opportunity for some flexible scheduling and the ability to work off-campus occasionally. Some evenings and weekends required.
All candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and writing sample to James Schmidt, Director of Development, at email@example.com.