ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF ADMISSION
Posted: June 16, 2018
The Assistant Director of Admission position is a twelve-month, full-time, administrative position that reports directly to the Director of Admission. Cathedral School seeks a compassionate, thoughtful, enthusiastic, and detail-oriented educator to serve as at a leading Bay Area school. This candidate must possess excellent written and oral skills, and be eager to learn, collaborate, and connect with boys ages 4-14 and the adults who love them. Energy, commitment, and a sense of humor are essential to the job.
The responsibilities include working with the Director of Admission, staff members, and volunteers to manage all areas of Cathedral’s admission process, including the creation of the annual admission plan, coordinating and hosting admission events both on and off campus, managing applications, conducting student screenings, maintaining and developing relationships with local community groups and feeder schools, offering administrative support, and generally promoting the School.
Candidates should possess at least a bachelor’s degree. Candidates with independent school experience are preferred. Minority candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply:
Salary and benefits are highly competitive. Interested candidates should send a cover letter, CV, and three references to Tara Boland,
Director of Admission.
This position begins in the summer of 2018.
PERFORMING ARTS TEACHER AT CATHEDRAL SCHOOL FOR BOYS
Posted: June 4, 2018
Cathedral School for Boys seeks an energetic, responsible, knowledgeable, performing arts teacher for grades K-4 whose teaching/coaching approach aligns with the school’s mission and philosophy. Depending on candidate and school needs, this may be either a full or part time position.
- Plan and teach developmentally appropriate music classes to grades kindergarten through fourth grade
- Create a scope and sequence for music curriculum (skills, understandings and activities)
- Prepare students and logistics of music performances including but not limited to Grandparents and Special Friends Day and Lessons and Carols (Christmas celebration)
- Help select and lead music for lower school chapel
- Assess student skills and communicate through report cards
- Collaborate closely with second music teacher and other teachers in both divisions
- Plan and teach drama
- Develop a scope and sequence for drama skills
- Programming plays (performances) in Lower School which includes collaborating with parent volunteers, classroom teachers and administration
- Creating all blocking/choreography for all productions and directing each production
- Communicating with parents, teachers and those impacted by productions (kitchen staff….)
- Management of costume closet
How to Apply:
- Experience in music or music/drama education (minimum of three years classroom experience)
- Ability to analyze student behaviors, identify challenges, and suggest solutions
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Strong organization skills, including time management and follow-up
- Ability to work effectively in a team
- Knowledge of child cognitive development and different learning styles
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher from an accredited college or university with appropriate course work in music and drama
Interested individuals should e-mail cover letter, résumé and references to Kate Juergens
, Director of the Lower School.