Community Perspectives are parent gatherings across all grade levels that are led by members of the CSB faculty and staff. In these discussions, we hope to engage in conversations on a variety of topics and share the different perspectives and experiences that we all bring to Cathedral School as parents and educators.
Community Perspectives take place in the evenings and both childcare and dinner are provided. We encourage parents to attend at least one of these evenings as it is a wonderful opportunity to truly learn and celebrate the diversity that exists within our community.
Goals of Community Perspectives:
• Provide opportunities and experiences to trigger dialogue and reflection upon diverse topics.
• Deepen identification of one's own culture and heritage.
• Raise awareness and view situations from a variety of perspectives, thus deepening our own level of compassion.
• Strengthen our sense of belonging, our value, and our sense of community.
• Contribute our ideas to further strengthen the school community as a whole based upon our discussions and insights.
Dates and topics will be announced throughout the year via the Cathedral School Bulletin.Education Evenings
Education Evenings take the form of invited guest speakers and informal dinner presentations on a variety of topics intended to foster a stronger community and to promote community education. For each event, childcare is provided by the school.
Information about upcoming dates and topics for the 2015-2016 school year will be featured in the Cathedral School Bulletin.SPEAK SPEAK
(Speakers for Parent Education and Knowledge) is a coalition of San Francisco K-8 schools that have joined together to enhance parent education. The goal is to enrich the education and learning experience for our families, our children, and our communities.
Dates and topics will be announced throughout the year via the Cathedral School Bulletin. For more informaiton, please visit www.speaksf.org