STEP 1: COMPLETE AN INQUIRY FORM
Begin the application process by completing an online Inquiry Form
Shortly after, you will be given a username and temporary password so you may access the Cathedral Admissions Portal and create your own personal password. (Please note, you will not be able to register for Admissions Events until you have received your username and password.)
- Applicants for Kindergarten must be five years of age by July 15 of the year he will be entering Kindergarten.
STEP 2: SIGN UP FOR A CAMPUS VISIT (REQUIRED)
STEP 3: COMPLETE THE APPLICATION
The Cathedral application may be accessed on the Cathedral Admissions Portal Checklist.
The Kindergarten Application is due 48 hours before your Parent Interview, or January 15, whichever comes first.
The First - Eighth Grade Application is due 48 hours before your Parent Interview, or January 31, whichever comes first.
- There is an application fee of $100 that is due upon submission of the application. If you need a fee waiver, please contact Ayumi Sohn via email or at 415.614.5183.
STEP 4: SUBMIT ADMISSION DOCUMENTS
- Cathedral requests that a student's current school complete an evaluation on their behalf. Student Evaluations can also be found on the Checklist on the Cathedral Admissions Portal.
- Applications to grades K-1 only require the K-1 Student Evaluation. * No Records Request is needed.*
- Applications to grades 2-8 require a Grades 2-8 Student Evaluation and a Records Request.
STEP 5: PARENT/GUARDIAN INTERVIEW (REQUIRED)
STEP 6: TESTING & SCHOOL VISITS
Kindergarten screenings will take place on Saturdays in January at Cathedral School for Boys. You will be able to register on your Cathedral Admissions Portal Checklist.
GRADES 1-4 TESTING & SCHOOL VISIT
Please contact Ayumi Sohn
to schedule your son's visit. Testing will be administered during his visit.
GRADES 5-8 TESTING & SCHOOL VISIT
Cathdedral will offer three morning screenings in November, December, and January. You will be able to register on your Cathedral Admissions Portal Checklist. In addition, all boys are invited for a full-day visit to the school. Please contact Ayumi Sohn
to schedule your son's visit.
STEP 7: ATTEND ADDITIONAL ADMISSIONS EVENTS (OPTIONAL)
Cathedral School for Boys offers Admissions events so that families can get to know our school better; the events are not required. Please register for any of our optional events that may be of interest to you so that you can learn more about Cathedral School for Boys. Registration will be available on the Cathedral Admissions Portal Checklist.